Best CDS Coaching in U.P.
Category : Uncategorized
ombined Defence Services Exam
“Combined Defence Services” (CDS) Examination is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.
Eligibility Criteria For CDS Entrance
A candidates must either be:
1. a Citizen of India, or
2. a subject of Bhutan, or
3. a subject of Nepal, or
4. a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1st in 1962,with the intention of permanently setting in India, or
5. a person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or yhe East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
This provided that a candidate belongs to any of the categories (i) (ii), (iii), (iv) and
5. Mentioned above and is a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India
Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal
A candidates in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Govt. before declaration of result by UPSC.
CDS Age Limit:
II. AGE LIMIT, SEX AND MARITAL STATUS
- 1. For Indian Military Academy (IMA): Unmarried male candidates between the age of 19 to 24 years only are eligible
- 2. For Indian Naval Academy (INA): Unmarried Male candidates between the age of 19 to 24 years only are eligible
- 3. For Air Force Academy (AFA) – Age: 20 to 24 years (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs.
- Note: Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried
- 4. For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Male candidates between the age of 19 to 25 years only are eligible.
- 5. For Officer Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorces (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible.
Educational Qualifications for CDS :
- 1. For Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent
- For Indian Naval Academy: Bachelor of Engineering
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering
- Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificate on the date of commencement of the SSB interview at the SSB For CDS exam, applicants can be from any stream but for entry to Air Force and Navy, candidates should have studied physics and maths up to Class 12Candidates who are studying in the final year of their degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to subject proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army Head Quarter/Rtd CDSE Entry, West Bloc III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066Candidates appearing at the degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete. Such candidates will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite qualifying examination by a date to be specified in the Commission’s Notice for the Examination.
Selection Procedure :
Under CDS written examination, for admission to Military, Naval and Air Force Academy, the candidates are evaluated in English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics. Each Paper is of 2 hours duration and carries 100 marks each. For admission to Officers Training Academy, the candidates are tested in the similar manner except that they are exempted from taking the Elementary Mathematics Test. The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.
Candidates who will qualify the written examination as per the CDS Selection Procedure will be called for the SSB Tests.
SSB Interview :
Candidates who are declared successful in the written examination will be detailed for Intelligence and Personality Test at the Service Selection Board based on their preference by the respective service. Candidates will be put on to two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Service Selection Boards. All the candidates will be put to stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres. Only those candidates who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage and all those who will fail to pass the stage one will be returned
Over and above candidates for the Air Force, and all the SSB qualified candidates as per their willingness, eligibility and preference for Air Force, should separately qualify the PABT.
- All successful candidates need to go for a comprehensive medical test after the SSB process.
- Post medical examination a final merit list is declared by UPSC depending on the number of seats available for the particular session.
Cadets Academy provides both written and SSB coaching for CDS exam. Cadets Academy also provides separate SSB coaching for OTA, and AFA entrance exams.